The Club was founded in 1949 and played on two courts owned by the Windermere Hydro Hotel, Bowness until 1965 when the land was sold for development.
In 1985 the Club moved to two new courts at Queens Park, Windermere, and the wooden clubhouse was subsequently moved there from the Glebe.
The Club then moved to the public courts at the Glebe, where it had priority use of two courts in the evening and all day at weekends. At one time it was hoped it might be possible to build three courts at Windermere Rugby Club, Longlands, but unfortunately the negotiations were not successful.
Thanks to funding from Sport England the Club’s two courts were re-surfaced and re-painted. New nets and fencing were also installed.